Prior notification of work in Belgium – Limosa update
The Limosa notification requirement has existed in Belgium since 2007 and concerns a prior notification to the Belgian authorities of persons performing temporary work in Belgium.
The Limosa application (www.limosa.be) is regularly updated to make it more user-friendly for both users and the inspection services.
A number of changes have recently been made. We summarise the most important ones below:
1. The required VAT number format depending on the selected country was added. You can find this information via a question mark next to the field where the VAT number should be entered on the start screen.
2. Reporting a missing proof of notification – drop-down menu to select the reason for absence of a valid Limosa proof of notification.
3. Error message for place of employment if you enter a place of employment abroad.
4. New type of place of employment – addition of telework – details about telework can be found via this link.
5. Work schedule – extension of the fields in order to enter the basic work schedule as correctly as possible. Additionally, if the proposed format in the Limosa application is still not sufficient, further clarification of the timetable must be sent to SPOCLabourInspection@employment.belgium.be.