VAT registration in Belgium
WHY REGISTER FOR VAT
If you perform transactions subject to Belgian VAT – such as distance sales exceeding the Belgian threshold, local services in connection with immovable property, etc. – you must register for VAT in Belgium.
TYPES OF VAT REGISTRATION
There are 3 possibilities for foreign taxable persons to register for VAT in Belgium:
- a direct Belgian VAT number, with or without appointment of a mandatory
- a VAT number with appointment of a fiscal representative
- a VAT special registration for occasional activities / happenings, fairs and merchandising / paid passengers transport
No matter what type of registration fits your company, we can help you to obtain your Belgian VAT number and fulfill all the formalities after registration.
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
- VAT registrations: in Belgium as well as in most other EU countries
- VAT compliance: after registration we can fulfill all obligatory VAT formalities such as handling invoices, filing of the VAT return, EC Listing, annual clients listing, intrastat, …
- VAT advice
Even if you are also active in other EU countries, we can help you with both the application of a VAT number and the submission of VAT returns in most other EU countries.
WHO IS VAN HAVERMAET
We are a multidisciplinary firm with more than 75 years of experience in accounting, audit, legal and tax, all cross-border related matters, etc.
200 passionate professionals are ready at your service.