UPDATE CORONA – Posting of workers – current measures
Last Friday, 26 February, the Consultation Committee decided not to amend the existing measures.
The Consultation Committee should meet again this week and we will have to wait and see if there will be any relaxation or tightening of the measures.
Below is a reminder of what you, as an employer or client, need to do if you are carrying out work in Belgium with posted workers today:
– Make sure that the foreign workers strictly comply with the corona prevention measures that apply at the work site / in the workplace. Are these not clearly indicated at the place of employment? Then draw up a protocol yourself and appoint a person among your employees who will supervise compliance. FOD WASO provides posters in 17 languages and other awareness-raising material that you can use;
– A register* must be kept with the identification and contact details of the employees or self-employed persons living abroad who you employ temporarily and this until 14 days after the end of the work;
– Check, at the latest at the start of the work, whether the Passenger Locator Form* (PLF) has been completed for all foreign workers;
– Ask for proof of a negative PCR test* carried out at the earliest 72 hours before departure to Belgium;
– Ensure that the foreign workers comply with quarantine regulations and provide proof of a negative test on day 7*; Note that enhanced quarantine measures apply to travellers from the UK, South Africa and South America;
– Inform the foreign workers that they must carry a sworn statement when crossing the border.
*These rules do not apply to cross-border workers or when the stay in Belgium is less than 48 hours.
The above measures apply – subject to relaxation – until 1 April 2021.
More information can be found on https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/ and https://werk.belgie.be/nl/nieuws/werken-met-werknemers-zelfstandigen-uit-het-buitenland.